dinsdag 17 mei 2011

My Life as Lisa: and then I woke up married to an ugly pineapple

Have you ever watched Ice Age? Monster, Inc.? A Bug’s Life? The Hunchback of Notre Dame? Ratatouille? Tarzan? Finding Nemo? Mulan? Okay, I think you get the point…Though, may I mention one more? HOP – you might not have heard of that one yet, but it seems like one of the cutest movies that exists. Why am I listing those endless movies? People that know me better will probably not very surprised; I am a film-student and all I do all day long is listing movies, plots, actors, characters, music and so on and so on all the time. People that know me will probably have shut down their listening-modus already at the beginning of the this paragraph, merely for self-defense purposes. I promise though to everyone who has read this so far, the conclusion of this list will be worth it.

I was going to meet Peter De Séve, the man who created the characters for all those above mentioned movies. He also draws the covers for the New Yorker, a highly prestigious and sophisticated magazine. Believe me, those covers are brilliant. There is so much detail in them! If you feel like procrastination, why don’t you visit Peter’s website and look at all the amazing things he did?        
You might wonder whether I was nervous. I will make the answer to this very simple: Hell yes! Nervous, excited but most of all incredibly happy. After the first ever email of him, I was so happy and excited that I jumped against a shelf. You can imagine in which state I was in at that moment, on the train towards Utrecht.
When I arrived, it took a while for me to find the university where the lecture would take place and strolled around there. Oh and there on the other side of the street was Peter De Séve. I made my way towards the door of….wait, what?
There on the other side of the street was Peter De Séve. Alone. No Groupies jumping on him. How could that be? After recovering from at least two heart attacks, I summoned all of my strength and went towards him. He immediately treated me like an old friend. I got three kisses on the cheek (“That is how you do it in the Netherlands, right?”) and we went inside for the technical check up. The rest of the day I was by his side, I felt like a real V.I.P.
I like to think that people wondered who that girl by his side was all the time. Most likely they did not but I like the idea. And, you can be sure, I like-liked the day!
Sadly, it was over much too soon. Okay, actually there was nothing to be sad about after all; even though it was unfortunate that this day would ever come to an end, there is absolutely nothing to complain about. I can certainly say I left to Middelburg with a big smile on my face.

P.S.: His lecture was amazing, if you want to see a bit of it, you can check out the bunnies! episode of campus news that can be found on youtube/the website.

 Lisa Theresa is a theatre&media studies student, minoring in Statistics merely for the sake of insanity. She is a second year at Roosevelt Academy and apart from work in other committees head of the Campus News Project  (www.ra-campusnews.webs.com).

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten