dinsdag 17 mei 2011

Micha and Trying to Find a Job

As you might have noticed, I already mentioned twice that I would reveal what I was going to do this summer. So far I didn't say one single word about it. This time I will not yet completely, I will tell you about how it has been to find a job for during the summer holidays.

The last weeks I have been thinking about what to do during my 3 month summer holiday. Considering the fact that it is such a long period I thought about working, that would earn me some money which I could use to... yeah you can guess it: go on a holiday next winter/summer! In Middelburg there are quite some outsourcing agencies, such as: Tempo-team, Manpower, Creyf's, & Adecco and some more. I decided that it would be best to just visit them all. Most of the replies I got were in the category of: we are sorry we don't have anything. I must admit though that perhaps saying that I don't want to work in the horeca, or as a cleaner eliminated a lot of job possibilities. Why not work in the horeca or as a cleaner you might think. Well, I'll be honest, I've got a phobia for jobs in cafeteria, first of all, I always think that I might drop something, or secondly forget all the orders placed. In the case of cleaning, I guess that my almost traumatic, but very rewarding,  experience with cleaning hospitals led me to reject such a job.

So what did I find? I found some jobs to work in a warehouse, or with truck drivers, as well as collecting books from high schools and repackaging them, as well as some other jobs. I almost went for the job were you help the truck driver, however thanks to some critical thoughts from my family and friends I decided that it would probably be more traumatic than the cleaning due to the overdose of boredom. Instead I dumped all the job agencies, and just ignored them, and considered something else. Which I would love to tell you immediately, however it will take quite some time to explain so I will do it in my next blog ;-).
My name is Micha, I am a first year student focussing on anthropology and sociology.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten