dinsdag 17 mei 2011

Kelly and the Power of Blogs

Last year, I took a course on Life and Travel Writing. I analyzed Jim Beaver’s memoir Life’s That Way for my final paper. It consists of the emails that he sent around to family and friends while his wife fought against cancer. She lost the fight, but Beaver kept sending updates around to inform people about how he and his daughter coped with their loss. It’s a bittersweet book, and I’ve had to put it aside several times because I couldn’t see the pages anymore through my tears.

I ‘liked’ Beaver on facebook, so I can follow his work and the updates on his personal life. Occasionally, he shares really interesting links. Such as the one I read during lunch break today:

http://penmachine-bu.appspot.com/www.penmachine.com/2011/05/the-last-post

I hope my eyes won’t be all red and puffy anymore by the time I get to class.
Kelly Meulenberg (class of 2012) studies Arts & Humanities, focusing on Literary Studies and Theater & Media Studies. She is also a writer and filmmaker. Other passions include music, food and traveling.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten