donderdag 31 maart 2011

Ilse and Sleep

Nine days of spring break, nine nights of proper sleep. Fourteen hours of sleep on the first night, nine on the last with an average of nine (I screwed up that average by deciding to spend one night doing only five – Middelburg is gorgeous at sunrise and there was enough caffeine in my system to keep me going until then) and a median wake-up time of 1 pm. Decidedly different from normal RA hours – the going to bed at 4 isn't that abnormal, getting the full nine hours of sleep is. So I guess I pretty much caught up on my sleep deficit (not entirely, if I am to believe those who say having a sleep deficit can only be solved by getting as many hours of additional sleep as the hours lost, but since I no longer feel like falling asleep every moment of the day I suspect I got rid of most of the deficit). Being woken up mid-day by sunshine and twittering birds is a very nice experience, especially when combined with toast, tea and old tv shows.

Maybe I should introduce myself. Ilse, 20, social science major, rhetoric & argumentation minor, obsessed with a bunch of things (among them Italian organized crime and ancient Egypt), fan of (old) films (The Godfather, Casablanca, Dracula, etc.), fan of reading (I must admit I didn't much like the Dracula-novel, though I loved Frankenstein. Prefer to read Oscar Wilde, though. I find his characters' views on a whole bunch of 'civilized' matters hilarious) and a whole bunch of other things that are not interesting for you to know.

Anyway. I am aware that I should probably have spent much more time on studying for some upcoming midterms (yup, still got some of those to go) and trying to find a place to do an internship this summer but sleeping just felt really good.

I did do some other useful things. I cleaned my Koestraat room, which was nice. Cleaning clears my mind as much as it clears my room, so that's always good. I did some studying but not as much as I'd intended to. And I re-watched many old CSI-seasons, something I am inclined to consider some sort of studying as there are many concepts in there that probably work in real life – if I were a science major.

So now it's all back to class again, midterms, homework, studying. Well, at least I sort of caught up on sleep. That's always nice. Now I can afford to lose a whole lot of sleep again.



Ilse is a second year social science student with an interest in law and law enforcement with an interest in many different sorts of media.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten